While this blog is mostly always about the issue of women in ministry, today I digress so that I can pass on some of the cute sayings of my four year old grandson Isaac. Above is Isaac and his mom Misty (my daughter). From Misty’s “Funny things my kids have said to me” file:
1. Just this morning Isaac called out to me from the bathroom…”MOOOMMY! YOU GAVE ME TOO MUCH CARROTS!!!”
2. Isaac spent a lot of time yesterday “baking” floam cookies for the company we were having later that evening. (Floam is like playdoh but it doesn’t dry out). While he was baking he says, “Mom? God is giving me PASSION to do this!!!” (Isaac takes after his Grandma in the passion department!)
3. “You know our bones do what we do! When we walk, they walk!” – Isaac.
4. While eating macaroni at lunch…”I didn’t even bite the noodle! It went SURFING down my neck!!”
5. “What does that say, mom?” “Total.” “Oooohhh. That’s like “turtle” in Spanish, right?”
6. After staring at his Grandpa for a long time and analyzing all his features, Isaac finally just said, “So…..WHOSE tummy did you come out of again?”
7. When I tuck Isaac in at night, I always ask him what he wants me to pray for. One night he said, “Mom, can you please pray that you wouldn’t throw all my toys in the garbage?”
8. “Pon-a-grab-it” is a Pommegranate.
9. Isaac was looking through our wedding photo album and said, “This book is REALLY OLD isn’t it mom?” I rolled my eyes and said, “Yes, it’s 11 years old.” His response…”WOW! DIRTY SKUNKS!! THAT’S OLD!!”
10. “Mom, boys are male, girls are “email”, right?”
More Women in Ministry next post 😀