CBMW (Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood) puts on conferences called “Different by Design” and in these conferences they teach that God created men and women different for different purposes.
While we can agree with CBMW that men and women are created physically different, does this mean that God created them also spiritually different? How will we know? Let’s ask ourselves some questions to see if the bible gives any indication that men and women are spiritually different.
1. Do men and women have different ways for being saved?
2. Are men and women designed to come before God in prayer in a different way?
3. Are there lists of spiritual gifts that are listed for only men or only women?
4. Do men and women inherit spiritual “sonship” in a different way?
5. Is the command to make disciples given only to one gender?
It appears to me that what CBMW does is a bait and switch, confusing physical and biological differences with spiritual differences.
In our next post we will look at Galatians 3:28 to see how the complementarian and egalitarian camps look at this verse very differently and how we can determine which of these views is correct or if both of these views is flawed in some way.
What do you think? Does scripture list our spiritual make up as differently designed by God?